Thursday, July 4, 2013

Returning to a Computer Near You

I wish I could make a joke about how I’ve been absent for so long, but like any great professional wrestler, I’m making a return. But then it would be too forced and unfunny.

So here’s the truth: I kind of slinked away since December, but I’m coming back. I’ve been going through everything I said I was going to do just to see if I could find it. The good news is I can find most of everything! The bad news is there’s still some things and shows I can’t find. But if anyone remembers my second to last post, I’ll simply list them and go on from there.
However, there are two shows that I listed way back when that I was going to review that I won’t end up doing: Shotgun Saturday Night and Velocity. The reason being that they don’t really amount to much. I’m planning for the first two years of Heat, but it doesn’t look like there’s much of anything after 1999 for that anymore.

I should also mention that while I’ve been away, I’ve gone through a few events. I may do full reviews for them at a later date, but for now, I’ll just mention what stood out.

I watched WrestleMania III and quite enjoyed it, especially the Savage-Steamboat match. I read that it was named “Match of the Year” by a couple publications and I agree. 4/5

Saturday Night’s Main Event #12 from 11/11/87 was also pretty good, Savage fully turning face was good and the formation of the Mega Powers was interesting. 3/5

I liked the first Survivor Series as well, especially how Andre the Giant's team won against Hogan's. It was the first time a heel won a pay per view, which was interestingly bold. 4/5

 The 1987 Starrcade was pretty good, but I didn't really see anything that stood out. 3/5

As for 1988, the first Royal Rumble was fun and I like how Hacksaw Jim Duggan won it. The other matches on the card for the event were pretty good as well. 4/5

The last thing I’ve seen was the WWF Main Event  from 2/25/88, where Hogan lost the title to Andre the Giant who gave it to Ted DiBiase. It’s been a great angle. 4/5

Apart from that, I haven’t really gone anywhere. So, as soon as I finish up my rundown list of what I can find and where, I’ll be back.


Soon… very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment