Monday, September 3, 2012

Superstars of Wrestling 9/20/1986


Vintage Wrestling Reviews starts of a new week, this time with another episode of Superstars of Wrestling, aired on September 20, 1986.
Opening

We start off with… nothing.
This is the unfortunate thing, my dear readers. Going through a weekly show that aired for such a long time, such as Superstars of Wrestling, there’s bound to be some episodes that just can’t be found. All I can really do is give what my information says, just the match pairings. I said with matches I can’t find that I’d just give a 3/5, so with entire missing airings, I’ll just have to assume it was average.

Match: Mike Rotundo and Dan Spivey vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (with Johnny Valentine)
Winners: Mike Rotundo and Dan Spivey with a disqualification           

Match: George "The Animal" Steele (with Capt. Lou Albano) and the Junkyard Dog vs. Steve Lombardi and Tony Nardo
Winners: George Steele and the Junkyard Dog

Match: The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and Hercules (with Classy Freddie Blassie and Slick) vs. Billy Jack Haynes, Nick Kiniski, and Mario Mancini
Winners: The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff and Hercules

Match: Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Tony Garea
Winner: Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Match: B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell vs. Joe Mirto and Jack Kruger
Winners: B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell

Match: Magnificent Don Muraco (with Mr. Fuji) vs. Lanny Pofo
Winner: Magnificent Don Muraco

That was the entire night. I wish I could report on what happened in the matches, but this happens sometimes. Hopefully entire missing airings won’t happen all that much.
On Wednesday, we get another airing of Saturday Night’s Main Event

No comments:

Post a Comment